Below you will find useful information about the
Research College of Nursing
Student Health Plan
Helpful Quick Links
Use your insurance
Find plan documents here
How to search for an
It is best to locate an in-network doctor, urgent care center, and emergency room near you before you get sick.
To find a PPO provider, call (888) 989-8842 or visit the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City provider website (link below).
- Type in the first three numbers of your member ID or choose your Network (Blue Card PPO Basic).
- You can search by name, specialty, procedure, or more.
- Enter your city or ZIP code for location and press “GO.”
- Select a doctor from the list, and call to make an appointment.
Always check with the doctor or medical facility directly to confirm that they accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City before you receive treatment.
Blue KC has partnered with OptumRx to provide all your pharmacy benefits, including several ways to fill prescriptions. Complete the following steps to login/register your pharmacy benefits account:
- Visit MyBlueKC.com.
- Click Plan Benefits on the left and then select Pharmacy Plan Info.
- From that screen click the View Your Pharmacy Benefits button to be redirected to a new site.
- Once you’re redirected to the next page, you can enroll in home delivery, find a network pharmacy, check medication coverage and
- Call Blue KC Customer Service at the number listed on your member ID card, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Central Time with any questions.
Get your medical bills paid
In most cases, the provider will submit the claim for you.
If you are required to pay for services up front, you will need to complete a claim form in order to be reimbursed by the insurance company.
Download a claim form below, and send the completed form with all bills, receipts, and referrals for medical treatment to:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
PO Box 419169
Kansas City, Missouri 64141
The completed claim must be submitted for payment within 90 days after the date loss occurs, or as soon thereafter as is reasonably possible. You have the right to request an independent medical review if health care services have been improperly denied, modified, or delayed based on Medical Necessity.
Make sure you fill out the form completely so your claim will be processed promptly. Keep copies of all the documents you submit for claims. If you have questions about the status of your claim after it has been submitted, please call Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City at (888) 989-8842.