Below you will find useful information about the

Rockhurst University
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)

Currently displaying:


Use your insurance

Contact Information

If you have questions regarding eligibility or enrollment,
contact us at (800) 955-1991 or

For questions regarding benefits, claims, or coverage, visit

PPO Network

How to search for a doctor or facility

Use providers in the PPO network whenever possible.

It is best to locate an in-network doctor, urgent care center, and emergency room near you before you get sick. To find a PPO provider, call (888) 989-8842 or visit the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City provider website (link below).

  1. Click “Search.”
  2. Type in your location, and click “All Plans.”
  3. Enter the first three numbers of your member ID or choose your Network (Blue Card PPO Basic).
  4. You can search by name, specialty, procedure, or more.
  5. Enter your city or ZIP code for location and press “GO.”
  6. Select a doctor from the list, and call to make an appointment.

Always check with the doctor or medical facility directly to confirm that they accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City before you receive treatment.


Get your medical bills paid

In most cases, the provider will submit the claim for you.

If you are required to pay for services up front, you will need to complete a claim form in order to be reimbursed by the insurance company.

Download a claim form below, and send the completed form with all bills, receipts, and referrals for medical treatment to:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
PO Box 419169
Kansas City, MO 64141

The completed claim must be submitted for payment within 90 days after the date loss occurs, or as soon thereafter as is reasonably possible. You have the right to request an independent medical review if health care services have been improperly denied, modified, or delayed based on Medical Necessity.

Make sure you fill out the form completely so your claim will be processed promptly. Keep copies of all the documents you submit for claims. If you have questions about the status of your claim after it has been submitted, please call Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City at (888) 989-8842.

Health Services

On-campus health services

It is recommended that you visit preferred partners,  Goppert-Trinity Family Care or St. Luke’s Urgent Care Center,  first before receiving any treatment off campus.

Goppert-Trinity Family Care
Location: 6675 Holmes, Ste 360, Kansas City, MO 64131
Phone: (816) 276-7600

Saint Luke’s Urgent Care
Location: 5151 Troost, Suite 200 (North Parking Garage), Kansas City, MO 64110
Phone: (816) 502-9131


Document Translator

To use this free translation service, click the link below and upload the document for translation.

Travel Assistance

When traveling away from your school or outside the U.S.

Students covered under the student insurance plan are automatically enrolled in the Scholastic Emergency Services (SES) coverage. SES offers many services to help students when traveling away from your school or outside the U.S., including medical emergencies during travel, help with lost luggage, documents, or medications, insightful pre-trip information, and more.

For additional information, see your plan brochure or visit the SES website.