Below you will find useful information about the
Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
Helpful Quick Links
Use your insurance
If you have questions regarding eligibility or enrollment,
contact us at (800) 955-1991 or
For questions regarding benefits or claims, contact
Aetna Customer Service at (855) 236-2138.
How to search for a doctor or facility
Use providers in the PPO network whenever possible.
It is best to locate an in-network doctor, urgent care center, and emergency room near you before you get sick. To find a PPO provider, visit the Aetna website (link below).
- Click Find a Doctor, Hospital or Pharmacy.
- Click Go to Provider Search.
- If you have an account, click Log In to Secure Site. If you do not have an account, you may continue as a guest or register using the insurance information on your insurance ID card.
- If you choose to search as a guest, enter your location and search radius, then click Search.
- Select the “Open Choice PPO” and click Continue.
- Select the type of provider you’re searching for.
- Select a doctor from the list, and call to make an appointment.
Always check with the doctor or medical facility directly to confirm that they accept the Aetna Open Access Choice PPO Network before you receive treatment.
THE AETNA NAME AND LOGO ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS.
LINKSFind a PPO Provider
Information about prescription Drugs
To receive reimbursement after your copays have been met, you will need to submit a claim. Download a claim form below, and fax the completed form with all receipts for prescriptions to (888) 472-1128, or mail to:
Aetna Pharmacy Management
PO Box 52444
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2444
Keep copies of all documents submitted for claims.
Get your medical bills paid
In most cases, the provider will submit the claim for you.
If you are required to pay for services up front, you will need to complete a claim form in order to be reimbursed by the insurance company.
Download a claim form below, and send the completed form with all bills and receipts for medical treatment to:
Aetna Life Insurance Company
PO Box 981106
El Paso, TX 79998
Keep copies of all the documents submitted for claims.
Protected Health Information Requests
We need your permission to release your Protected Health Information. Download the PHI Request below, and fax it to (860) 907-3017 or mail to:
Aetna Legal Support Services
151 Farmington Avenue, RT65
Hartford, CT 06156-9998
Find plan documents here
To use this free translation service, click the link below and upload the document for translation.