Use providers in the PPO network whenever possible.
To find a PPO provider in California, call (800) 888-2108 or visit the Anthem Blue Cross website (link below) and follow these steps:
- Click Find a Doctor located on the Menu bar toward the top right of the webpage.
- Click Guests.
- Enter your information to search as a Member or as a Guest and click Continue.
- “What type of care are you searching for?” Select Medical. “What State do you want to search in?” Select California. “What type of plan do you want to search with?” Select Medical (Student Health). “Select a plan/network.” Select Blue Cross PPO (Prudent Buyer) – Student Health and click Continue.
- Select a provider type and/or specialty, enter your address, ZIP code, or city and state, select the number of miles you would be willing to travel to the doctor’s office, and click Search.
- Select a provider from the list and call to make an appointment.
It is best to locate an Anthem Blue Cross doctor, urgent care center, and emergency room near you before you get sick. Always verify the provider is part of the Anthem Blue Cross PPO (Prudent Buyer) Network before you receive treatment.
To find a PPO provider outside of California, call Blue Card Access at (800) 810-2583 or visit www.bcbs.com and follow the instructions.
Always check with the doctor or medical facility directly to confirm that they accept Anthem Blue Cross before you receive treatment.