Visit the campus health center first before receiving any treatment off campus. If you receive a referral to be seen by an outside provider, keep the signed Referral Form until you are ready to submit your claim.
Phone: (510) 885-3735
Location: 25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard, SHCS 1000
Hours: Monday – Wednesday, Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: 4700 Ygnacio Valley Boulevard, AS 118
Hours: Monday (Counseling Services), 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. | Monday & Thursday (Medical Services), 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Closed weekends and school holidays. Consult the campus health center website for summer hours.
Use providers in the PPO network whenever possible.
To find a PPO provider in California, call (800) 888-2108 or visit the Anthem Blue Cross website (link below) and follow these steps:
- Click Find a Doctor located on the Menu bar toward the top right of the webpage.
- Click Guests.
- Enter your information to search as a Member or as a Guest and click Continue.
- “What type of care are you searching for?” Select Medical. “What State do you want to search in?” Select California. “What type of plan do you want to search with?” Select Medical (Student Health). “Select a plan/network.” Select Blue Cross PPO (Prudent Buyer) – Student Health and click Continue.
- Select a provider type and/or specialty, enter your address, ZIP code, or city and state, select the number of miles you would be willing to travel to the doctor’s office, and click Search.
- Select a provider from the list and call to make an appointment.
It is best to locate an Anthem Blue Cross doctor, urgent care center, and emergency room near you before you get sick. Always verify the provider is part of the Anthem Blue Cross PPO (Prudent Buyer) Network before you receive treatment.
To find a PPO provider outside of California, call Blue Card Access at (800) 810-2583 or visit www.bcbs.com and follow the instructions.
Always check with the doctor or medical facility directly to confirm that they accept Anthem Blue Cross before you receive treatment.
Pharmacy benefits are managed by Anthem Blue Cross. Please see the Anthem Blue Cross website (link below) to find a participating pharmacy near you, or call (800) 888-2108. If you visit a non-network pharmacy, you will need to pay for the prescription in full and then submit a claim for reimbursement.
In most cases, the provider will submit the claim for you.
If you are required to pay for services up front, then you will need to complete a claim form in order to be reimbursed by the insurance company.
Download a claim form below, and send the completed form with all bills and receipts for medical treatment to:
Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company
P.O. Box 60007
Los Angeles, California 90060-0007
Make sure you fill out the form completely so your claim will be processed promptly. Keep copies of all the documents you submit for claims. To check the status of a claim you submitted, call Blue Cross at (800) 888-2108.