- Always visit Student Health Cervices first before receiving any treatment. Obtain a Referral Form and keep it until you are ready to submit your claim.
- When choosing a doctor or hospital always try to use a Participating Provider (PPO)—your coinsurance payment will be lower. A list of Participating Providers is available via the link below.
- Call the doctor to schedule an appointment.
- In an emergency situation go directly to the nearest hospital for treatment, or call 911 if you are unable to seek treatment yourself.
It a good idea to visit Health Services first before receiving any treatment. They can treat many conditions or refer you to an outside provider in the area.
Location: 1529 Belmont Street, Boise, Idaho
(Located directly behind the Student Recreation Center, in the Norco Building)
Phone: (208) 426–1459
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
Closed Saturday and Sunday
If you are unable to visit the health center, you should use providers in the PPO network whenever possible. To find a PPO provider, visit www.geobluestudents.com.
Once you are on the GeoBlue page, select the following:
- On the right-hand side, under “Resource Center”, under “Find a provider” click ” U.S. Providers
- Choose your network: BlueCard PPO Basic
- Enter your address, ZIP code, or city and state under “Located near” and then select the number of miles you would be willing to travel to the doctor’s office
- Click “GO”
Click link below to locate PPO Participating Providers.
- In most cases, the provider will submit the claim for you.
- If you are required to pay for services up front, then you will need to complete a claim form in order to be reimbursed by the insurance company.
- Download a claim form from www.geobluestudents.com
- Send claim form with the bills and receipts for medical treatment to:
P.O. Box 21974
Eagan, MN 55121
- Make sure you fill out the form completely so your claim will be processed promptly.
Keep copies of all the documents you submit for claims.
To check the status of a claim you submitted, call GeoBlue at (844) 268-2686.
View a glossary of commonly-used insurance terms, provided by the Department of Health and Human Services.